Jeep SafariA trip in a 4x4 is the best way to reach the most hidden places on the island
Tour with 4x4
The best way to get to know the island of Madeira is a trip in a 4x4!
The beauty of Madeira lies in its untouched nature, and during the trip you’ll see a lot more than you would in the traditional way.
We take you to places that even the natives haven’t heard about.
Tours of the local flora and fauna are conducted by a local guide.
Tour 1: WILD WEST
Jeep tour covering the west coast and the main tourist attractions of the island.
- CABO GIRAO cliff – one of the highest sea cliffs in the world; an observation point with a glass platform!
- RIBEIRA BRAVA – a charming town on the “Wild river” estuary.
- PAUL DA SERRA – the only plateau in Madeira, called “Madeiran tundra”.
- The primeval forest, LAURISILVA – a fantastic cluster of magical TIL FANAL trees
- PORTO MONIZ – famous volcanic pools (swimming break, depending on the weather)
- RIBEIRA DA JANELA – panoramic view of the northern coast.
- drive along the wild north coast of the island.
- stop at the inn that serves traditional punches “poncha” (cocktails made of rum, lemon and honey).
nature tour combined with the observation of local flora and fauna – with the possibility of bird watching.
ALL DAY TRIP – 8:30-17:00
Tour 2: SANTANA – HIGHEST SUMMITS AND OFF THE BEATEN TRACK LAURISILVA – EAST
4x4 tour including the east coast and the highest peaks of Madeira.
- The entrance to the PICO DO AREIRO (1818 m) – one of the highest peaks of the island. Mountain road, breathtaking views and alpine vegetation.
- Spectacular OFF ROAD – well preserved LAURISILVA – the ancient forests – one of the wildest parts of the island.
- SANTANA – traditional houses, Palheiro – a symbol of Madeira
- PORTELA Pass – Alpine panorama; view of the Eagle’s Rock.
- RIBEIRO FRIO – rainbow trout farm.
- PONTA DE SÃO LORENÇO –most eastern tip of the island, with steep cliffs falling vertically into the ocean; unique flora and fauna.
- A visit to a traditional PONCHA – bar.
nature tour combined with the observation of the local flora and fauna – with the possibility of bird watching.
ALL DAY TRIP – 8:30-17:00
- all Tours are conducted by the english speaking driver-guide
- tours are made in a Jeep Land Rover Defender or Land Rover Discovery.
- participants should wear comfortable shoes and take clothes which are suitable for changeable weather conditions,
- for the “Wild West” tour take your swimming costume and a bath towel,
- in case of bad weather conditions or road closures, tour routes may change or trips may be cancelled .
- if cancelled, tours may be rescheduled for another day.
- children must be over 5 years of age to participate.
- 50% discount for kids between 5 and 12 years old.
- meals and drinks are not included.